Sunday, November 1, 2009

holy moly mary it's been a long time!


well, as many of you have noticed i have really dropped the ball on posting over the past month or so. this happened mostly because i went to toronto and had wonderful whirlwind adventures and then returned to this here winnipeg and went directly into crisis mode, agonising day and day out as to whether or not i should remain or return!!! i did not want to subject my dear readers to my circular and in moments highly self-indulgent thinking and so i backed off.

i plan to build my return to the realm of blogging slowly, filling in the gaps as i go. for now, the most i can say is that Halloween seemed to revive me. during the day i partook in the manitoba spirit as i played in an outdoor ball hockey tournament and in the evening i donned my virgin mary costume (which included a hand-made embroidered velvet sacred heart, that took me HOURS to make) and ventured out into the wonderful world of winnipeg parties. boy oh boy does this city know how to a) party b) be mind-blowingly creative about how it parties (i would say so much more on this matter but it really deserves a separate post). whether it was the awesomeness of the parties, my relative sense of anonymity in this town or the special powers that came to me as i embodied the virgin, i cannot say but i felt an immense sense of freedom last night as floated from event to event, dancing my tired hockey body till 5 am!

so, yeah, i am happy to say that i am back, ready to resume my writen account of the various trials/joys of re-locating, of prarie city life, of new communities and of learning to better understand and work with the emotional terrain of families, etc .

from winnipeg with love,
my.

2 comments:

  1. winter has me shaking already
    shaking in fear and trepidation
    i am hiding in work
    overhiding

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is so cold here too now.
    noah says it's not that cold there yet?
    but you really hate the cold, so makes sense that you are hiding already.
    i am trying to find ways not to hide... hiding is no good for me.

    ReplyDelete