Sunday, August 30, 2009

I have been away from home for exactely one week now

My mood hit a bit of a low point today. I woke up in the morning and realized two things, one; that I didn't exactely like the colour I painted my bedroom and two; that I had no one to go for Sunday brunch with.

These are the kinds of things that are a BIG deal to me. I treat my room as my personal mental health hospital. Therefor it is immensly important to me that it has aesthetic qualities that possess the power to turn my distress into bliss or my boredom into inspiration, etc. So waking up to a colour that seemed not quite right felt like I was off to a bad start and following up that realization with the thought that I am indeed in a city where, as of yet, I am friendless and the possibility of a gossipy or even hungover brunch is nil to none felt pretty crummy (especially considering I wasn't the least bit hungover, since I didn't go out last night-- for that requires friends too)!

I'm working on fixing the room...I think my efforts have been quasi succesful, I should have it set up by tomorrow and will post a picture then. Sadly the friend issue has been left to the gods. Happily, Toad remains unphased and is his usual perky, adorable self.

I think my room mate is bringing me home a beer now (the Peg has off sales, a system I encountered in Vancouver and should most definitely be introduced to Toronto), so here's to 'taking the edge off'.

xo.

1 comment:

  1. off edge was all of sunday for me
    after on edge aaaaallll week.

    ReplyDelete